Chek In comments

Oct 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM
A user at my company found that the Check In Comment field does not show. Believe it or not, that is what her and the department wanted more than anything else, so they could document what pervious users had said their change was all about.

Is there a way to view the Check In Comment field on your reports? Thanks.
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Hi DonQ1

Thanks for reporting the issue. Check the latest release. I have added the CheckIn Comment field to export.
Oct 16, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I tested this new version. On the plus side, it is now showing the Check In Comments field. However, I also ran into the following errors:
  1. From the Ribbon / Library, you click on the Export View Version History icon, and the page throws an error.
  2. From the ECB, if you select Export Version History for a folder, it throws an error. Note that I have no real reason to see the version history of a folder, even if it could be versions. But I did not encounter this error in the previous version.
  3. From the Ribbon / Documents, if you select multiple items and one of the items is a folder, or if you just select a folder, an error is thrown.
I'm sorry that I was not able to track down the error. I do know that it brought up Visual Studio debugger on the host server. I suspect it has something to do with folders not being able to be checked out, and therefore not have a Check In Comment available.

For now, I will be using the previous version you created at my request, and thank you very much for that.
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Hey, thanks for reporting these issues. We are having Eid holidays today and tomorrow, so I will be looking into these issues after 17th of October.
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Hey, just thought to give it a quick try. Check the latest release. The Folder export issue is fixed now.
Oct 16, 2013 at 7:02 PM
That seems to have done it. I tried all the tests that threw an error before, and only got good results. Thanks for all your hard work.