Record number limitation for the tools?

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:11 AM
This is a cool tools for export the sharepoint items with history.

For my library, there is over 250000 items and I get error message "An unexpected error has occurred".
I try to minimize my view by filtering the ID, it's ok for the tools if the range is 1-13000. However when the range is over the size (e.g. 1-14000), I get the error again.

Is it a timeout error of sharepoint or other area issue? Do you have face this problem? Thanks.
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Hi,

I could not reproduce the issue. I was able to export history of more than 13000 items successfully.
Dec 3, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Thanks for reply.

Do my issue occur due to my content db size?
As the total record number is over 250000 (by the "ID") & files can be several version.
Also the total size of DB is around 250GB.
Will the DB size caused the tools work a little bit slow and cause some issue such as timeout or others?

Thanks!!
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2013 at 5:56 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2013 at 5:57 AM
I am not sure but that can be the reason. As the number of items and versions increases it is natural to see degradation in performance. I have in fact included the following in the blog (http://sharepointnadeem.blogspot.in/2012/07/export-version-history-of-sharepoint.html]:
CAUTION: The application may slow down as the number of items in a view/list increases along with the number of versions supported by the list.
Moreover, it will be better if you split the data in multiple views in order to avert this issue.
Dec 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Thanks.

Finally, I just split the data into every 10000, repeat to do so for 26 times and at last merge the data into one Excel file manually.
Thanks for the great tools to help me export such information from SharePoint!!!